- Invested +$30 million in purchasing and developing video communication provider Primonics to create a richer communication environment for incarcerated individuals and friends/family;
- Reduced calling rates that saved incarcerated individuals/friends/family members $295 million over the last five (5) years;
- Paid $722 million in commissions to facilities over the last five (5) years, which prisons/jails use for incarcerated individual betterment programs and reduces taxes;
- Appointed Director of Recidivism and Reentry on February 24, 2017 to work full-time on keeping incarcerated individuals out of jail on a permanent basis;
- Commitment to five (5) year funding for the Prison Entrepreneurship Program (PEP) in order to expand the rehabilitation and reentry support network for incarcerated individuals and their families;
- Established “The Securus Foundation” on July 13, 2017, a non-profit organization that will focus on comprehensive scalable solutions to provide reductions in recidivism to help those reentering society;
- Deployed an industry-leading 150,000 smart devices including tablets to bring education content, media, and technology to incarcerated individuals. This represents a direct investment of over $20 million;
- Through smart devices, completed over 36 million emails in 2016, a new form of communications for incarcerated individuals to keep in touch with loved ones;
- Launched Lantern in 2015, a technology driven education platform for those incarcerated that is the gateway to positive, education-driven outcomes;
- Invested in an exclusive arrangement with Jobview to provide real-time access by incarcerated individuals to relevant jobs post release. To date, incarcerated individuals have downloaded/reviewed +7 million jobs.
About Securus Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, an Aventiv Technologies company, serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 incarcerated individuals across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, incarcerated individual self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies connecting what matters®. For more information, please visit SecurusTechnologies.tech.