Future Incarceration Experience Includes Immediate Communications, Higher Security, Lower Pricing, More Services, Lower Recidivism Rates, and a More Valuable Incarceration Experience for Incarcerated Individuals and All Society
DALLAS, TX March 21, 2017/PRNewswire/ —
Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, discussed in detail the future of Incarcerated Individual communications and security, and how we are driving benefits to Incarcerated Individuals, friends/family, corrections and law enforcement, and all of society.
The future environment for a positive incarceration experience likely includes these directional attributes:
- Reduced pricing for Incarcerated Individuals;
- Increased products for Incarcerated Individuals;
- Greater ease of use of all products;
- Additional video calling;
- Tablet and smart device penetration at 100%;
- Increased usage of all products by Incarcerated Individuals;
- Improved education opportunities for Incarcerated Individuals;
- Improved job prospect opportunities for Incarcerated Individuals;
- Reduced/improved recidivism rates;
- 7 x 24 x 365 communication opportunities;
- Better healthcare defined as faster and higher quality healthcare for Incarcerated Individuals;
- Immediate communication opportunities using multiple devices, some Securus’ and some not – but all with security features that corrections and law enforcement require to keep all society safe.
- “Just as communications have changed quite dramatically over the last ten (10) years for the general public, communications will positively influence what happens to the incarceration experience over the next ten (10) years,” said Richard A. (“Rick”) Smith, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Securus Technologies. “We can use the products that we have and will develop more products to save lives and prevent and solve crimes, and to make significant progress on the future corrections environment highlighted above. “In the future, once an Incarcerated Individual is booked into a prison or jail, they will be able to use our device OR THEIR DEVICE to communicate with approved individuals, with secure and recorded voice, video, text or email messages with virtually instant funding of their accounts – over a centralized platform with a low per minute rate, with access to databases to provide education, jobs, books, songs, medical attention, legal resources, bail bondsmen, commissary – any and all things that an Incarcerated Individual would need. And we are relatively close to providing everything that I just indicated today,” commented Smith. “Allowing Incarcerated Individuals to use their own mobile devices that they understand and with their contact lists in conjunction with our Wireless Containment Solutions (WCS) bandwidth capture devices allows them access to important telephone numbers and texting addresses so short term facilities can get them booked and bailed out in a short(er) period of time – while Securus does the necessary recording and monitoring of appropriate communications. This would stimulate usage and stimulate communications of all types – but in a safe/controlled way that facilities will accept to keep all parties safe. Stimulating usage here also includes access to safe data and safe databases so books, video, audio, law libraries, communication schedules, facility rules, forms, religious texts, music, movies, healthcare schedules/resources, job finders, and more, and more, and faster, and safer. We deliver all of this to some Incarcerated Individuals today – with the objective of delivering these benefits to all in the future at lower rates. We have the technology, we have the people, we have the products – and we will use these to benefit everyone,” concluded Smith.ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
About Securus Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies connecting what matters®. For more information, please visit SecurusTechnologies.tech.