Securus highlights the 2 million human connections made annually between those incarcerated and loved ones throughout the United States
DALLAS, TX November 22, 2016/PRNewswire/ —
Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, announced a new campaign to promote the benefits of remote Video ConnectSM
in correctional agencies across the United States.
Over the next 30 days Securus’ remote Video ConnectSM
service will be highlighted in a series of commercials demonstrating the value of Video ConnectSM
. “We connect over 160,000 visits per month where consumers have chosen to connect and visit with an Incarcerated Individual from their desktop or mobile phone instead of the traditional, outdated method of driving to a jail,” said Richard A. “Rick” Smith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Securus Technologies. “These commercials highlight the value of remote communication and the connections we make possible that would not happen without this safe, secure technology. We’ve connected sons to their fathers on Christmas morning and daughters with fathers to work on homework. We’ve connected families to Incarcerated Individuals on their birthday and daughters to their kids to see them grow. These impressions are long lasting and demonstrate the importance of Securus’ remote Video ConnectSM
. We are connecting souls that need to talk to someone that they care deeply about – that is important to them in tough corrections environments,” said Smith.
“Contrary to what is published from detractors, Securus has little influence in how agencies conduct traditional, onsite communication. Securus does not require any changes to current on site communication processes. Even though people can come to the jail and meet face to face, many people also choose remote communication, because they now can visit more, without the inconvenience of showing up at the jail. As a result, remote video visits continue to grow month after month,” said Smith. Many opponents of remote Video ConnectSM
simply don’t understand what it’s like to be in jail without this option. No one is required to use remote Video ConnectSM
– but our customers are choosing this over travel time, transportation costs, checking into jails, waiting lines and parking costs. In addition, critics often misrepresent the service by calling it video chat or skype. “Neither of these descriptions reflects the registration, automation, scheduling, technology stack, scalability and security features inherent in our technology. Sheriffs and Jail administrators have a security responsibility that most people don’t understand unless you are working with them, every day of the week, for years on end,” said Smith.
To coincide with this campaign, Securus publishes the following statistics about remote Video ConnectSM
- 178 United States Agencies offer Securus Video ConnectSM
- 160,000 visits connected per month, 2,000,000 visits per year and more than doubling each year
- +110,000 Visits connected via mobile app
- $2.72 Average price per visit
- Remote communication can save upwards of $100 over the cost of traditional communication
- +232,000 App downloads
Securus Video ConnectSM
allows consumers to engage with Incarcerated Individuals over the holiday season, participate in Thanksgiving remotely, and engage with their incarcerated loved ones in ways they were never able to in the past – things that cannot be replicated at the jail. Securus’ video technology expands the availability and choices for communication between Incarcerated Individuals and their family and/or friends. Video ConnectSM
is only one example of how Securus continues to modernize the incarceration experience.
About Securus Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies connecting what matters®. For more information, please visit SecurusTechnologies.tech.