Superior Technology, Lowest Inmate Rates, Broadest Product Set, and Best Customer Service Allow Securus to Take Substantial Market Share
DALLAS, TX June 2, 2017/Business Wire/ —
Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, announced today that it has taken significant market share from the #2 competitor in the industry.
“Over the last five (5) years, we have won $105 million of contracts from our largest competitor while only losing $19 million of contracts,” said Richard A. (“Rick”) Smith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Securus Technologies, Inc. “That is a win/loss ratio of 5.53:1 – extraordinarily high but representative of the superiority of our attributes.
“I have been asked what win/loss ratio I would be satisfied with – and my response is 10:1. At least that is more representative of our advantages,” said Smith.
Competitors can’t match what Securus has created and acquired with these technological capabilities:
- Securus Calling Platform (SCP) – Single State of the Art Inmate Calling Platform
- Primonics – Video Visitation
- DirectHit – Data Analytics
- CellBlox – Managed Access Systems
- Vanu Tactical – Managed Access Systems
- Location Based Services (LBS)
- Text to Connect – Payment Facilitation
- JLG Technologies – Voice Biometrics
- Archonix/Pamet – Public Safety and Jail Management Software
- JPay – Media, Communications, and Money Transfer Services
- Inmate Tablet Applications
- Cottonwood Creek – S-Phone
- JobView – Securing Inmate Jobs
- Satellite Tracking of People – Parolee Monitoring
- GSSC Full Service STOP Operation
- Securus Field Technicians (not outsourced)
- Domestic Call Center
- Securus Patent Portfolio – Largest in the Industry
- Cara Clinicals – Electronic Medical Records
- Guarded Exchange – Outsources Investigations and Forensics
- PHD Medical – Inmate telemedicine
“We have talked with customers that have left our competitors and converted to Securus – and their message is clear – they prefer Securus’ technology, customer service, and economics,” said Smith.
“I also see that same messaging in the win/loss ratios that we maintain, i.e., we take $5.53 in revenue from the second largest competitor in our industry versus the $1.00 that we lose to this competitor over the last five (5) years – another good data point and a great ratio for me. Customer decisions are clear – they prefer Securus over 5 to 1.
“Some of our existing customers and prospective customers question the clear superiority of our product set – but all become believers after they visit our Technology Center and see what we can deliver to them. After about two (2) hours, they have that epiphany and become believers. They want the Securus Technology Platform,” concluded Smith.
About Securus Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies connecting what matters®. For more information, please visit SecurusTechnologies.tech.