- Budget was the number one concern for more than 52 percent, more than the rest of the other choices combined
- When asked about their strategies for success, updating old technology was the top priority, with expanding available services a close second. Voice biometrics and cutting costs rounded out the top four.
- When asked about what keeps them up at night, more than 27 percent of respondents said that budgets were the number one issue. With the safety of personnel and inmates following a close second with 23 percent.
- 26 percent said that procuring new technology was a high priority to meet goals and objectives for the year
- Video Visitation and Tablets were nearly tied when asked about new technology they wanted to procure in the coming year. Investigative solutions was a close third.
Securus Survey Shows Budget Constraints and Safety are Top Concerns for Law Enforcement and Correctional Professionals
Procuring New Technology Top Priority to Meet Goals and Objectives for the Year
DALLAS, TX August 6, 2018/Business Wire/ — Securus Technologies, a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions for public safety, law enforcement, investigations, corrections and government payment services today released the results from a survey of law enforcement and correctional professionals who visited the 10,000 square-foot Securus Technology Center in Dallas. The informal survey asked customers and prospects about the issues they are facing in their facilities. Respondents were asked to answer several questions with multiple answers, and were allowed to choose as many as were applicable. Highlights from the Survey: