Securus Has Won an Industry Leading $246 Million of New Business Since 2009 – Almost 5 Times the Entire Size of All of ICS
DALLAS, TX November 18, 2016/PRNewswire/ —
Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, announced today that it has offered a challenge to a smaller competitor, ICSolutions, to have an independent technology judge determine who has the largest and best product set, the most modern high tech/sophisticated telephone calling platform, and the best customer service.
“ICSolutions may tell customers that they do most of what we do – which clearly is not the case – far from it,” said Richard A. (“Rick”) Smith, Chief Executive Officer at Securus Technologies. “So – I make an offer of having an independent judge evaluate both product sets, both calling platforms, both patent portfolios, and both customer service models – it really isn’t a fair comparison to ICSolutions because of what we have invested here at Securus in the last four (4) years. We have invested over $670 million back in our business including the acquisition of companies, technologies, partnerships, and product development along with a state of the art Technology Center and US customer service center, while ICSolutions has invested less than 10% of what we have in the inmate communications/product sector.”
“We know ICSolutions’ technology platforms because we used to use older, less efficient, less feature-rich, premise-based systems, we used to have a very small centralized platform and have these comments when comparing the two (2) companies’ technologies and operating platforms:
- Securus owns a larger high-tech product set of useful services for the corrections sector;
- Securus has its own domestic based, 225 seat call center staffed by Securus employees;
- Securus has created the largest Voice Over Internet Protocol Corrections calling platform in the world. This VOIP Platform provides facility customers with routine software upgrades that enable new products/services to be seamlessly distributed to customers at a lower cost and much quicker;
- Of the facility customers that have converted to Securus – many have indicated that Securus’ technology, product set, and customer service are superior to that offered by anyone in the sector. This is straight from customers who have direct knowledge of multiple platforms.”
ICS can’t match what we have built and acquired here with these technological capabilities:
- Securus Calling Platform (SCP) – Single State of the Art Inmate Calling Platform, Largest Scale in the World
- Primonics – Video Visitation
- DirectHit – Data Analytics
- CellBlox – Managed Access Systems
- Vanu Tactical – Managed Access Systems
- Location Based Services (LBS)
- Text to Connect – Payment Facilitation
- Full Continuum of Voice Biometrics Applications
- Archonix/Pamet – Jail Management Systems
- JPay – Media, Communications, and Money Transfer Services
- Inmate Tablet Applications
- S-Phone – Cottonwood Creek
- JobView – Securing Inmate Jobs
- Satellite Tracking of People – Parolee Monitoring
- GSSC Full Service STOP Operation
- Inmate Inter-Communication Evaluation and Reporting
- Company Owned, 225 Seat, Domestic Call Center
- Securus Patent Portfolio – Largest in the Industry
- Cara Clinicals – Electronic Medical Records
- Guarded Exchange – Outsources Investigations and Forensics
- And many more.
“We have talked with customers that have multiple carriers and converted to Securus – and their message is clear – they prefer Securus’ technology, customer service, and economics,” said Smith.
“So my offer to ICSolutions is – will you take the technology challenge bake off? It’s almost a rhetorical question – if I was them – I would politely decline that offer. They should be scared to death of comparing technologies, calling platforms, and product capabilities,” Smith stated.
About Securus Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies connecting what matters®. For more information, please visit SecurusTechnologies.tech.